The Tea Party: Convenient Target of Blame
The Tea Party has become the dumping ground for any societal ill conceived by the Left. The Left points the finger and the lapdog media spreads the word. It doesn’t have to be vetted for accuracy or context as long as the Tea Party is the target.
Now chew on this for bit.
This is a timeline of events from 2009 to present of violent acts initially blamed on the Tea Party only to reveal the individuals perpetrating these acts of violence were coming from the very group who is consistently extending the pointed finger.
- Sept 2009: census-taker Bill Sparkman found hanged in rural Kentucky. Media speculated it was Tea Party. (He killed himself.)
- Feb 2010: Joe Stack flies small plane into an IRS building. Anti-tax Tea Party rhetoric blamed. (He had writings where he quoted from the Communist Manifesto.)
- Feb 2010: Amy Bishop shoots colleagues at University of Alabama faculty meeting. Gun-loving Tea Party suspected. (She was a Democrat who voted for President Obama.)
- March 2010: John Patrick Bedell shot two Pentagon security. A right-wing extremist, media speculate. (A registered Democrat and 9/11 Truther.)
- May 2010: massive Times Square car bomb found. Bloomberg speculates it’s someone upset about the ACA. (Actually, plain vanilla jihadist killing for Allah.)
- August 2010: Amid GZM debate, Muslim cabbie stabbed in NYC. Media speculates: a RWNJ? (Actually, a Left leaning art student off his meds.)
- Sept 2010: James Lee takes hostages at Discovery Chan HQ. Media speculates: climate change denier? (A hard left environmentalist who hates humans.)
- Jan 2011: Jared Lee Loughner shoots up campaign event of Rep. Giffords. Media: Tea Party rhetoric is to blame. (An apolitical conspiracy theorist.)
- July 2012: James Holmes shoots up theater in Aurora, CO. Brian Ross suggests he’s a Tea Party member on live TV even pointing out a different James Holmes by name simply because he affiliated with the Tea Party. (Just another unmedicated apolitical kook.)
- April 2013: Tsarnaev brothers bomb Boston Marathon. Media suggests RWNJ commemorating “Patriot’s Day.” (Actually, just more jihadists.)
- Oct. 2013: Media retroactively blames right wing for JFK assassination. (Lee Harvey Oswald was a communist defector.)
- Dec 2013: student shoots up CO high school w/ shotgun. Denver Post scrubs his self-described “socialist” beliefs.
The pattern is very clear and all too common. We’re on to you, Liberal Media.
I’d like to see a similar list, with verifiable press clippings, showing actual events like these perpetrated by Tea Party members.
I’d be surprised if such a list can be compiled.
- McConnell lashes out: Tea Party groups ‘ruining’ GOP (kstreet607.com)
- Not Right: Gabriel Malor looks at ideologies behind high-profile violent acts (twitchy.com)
- Why Tea Party? (liberteanow.wordpress.com)
- Brokaw: Tea Party Has ‘Every Right’ to Stay True to Message (breitbart.com)