“Hate is Too Great a Burden to Bear”
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Remember when the media blamed Sarah Palin for a mass shooting in Arizona and the wounding of a member of congress, because she used the word “crosshairs” on a campaign map? This would be the same media that described the lawlessness of the Occupy Wall Street debacle as “mostly peaceful”. And now this same media is trying to persuade you the viewer that the anti-Zimmerman protests, some of which are being fanned by an NBC News anchor and MSNBC flame thrower Al Sharpton, as also being”mostly-peaceful.”
Here is a non-comprehensive list of acts of violence, vandalism, assaults, arrests, etc., which have been reported by various media outlets.
You’ll notice in many of these reports that the local media is very good at reporting the incident, but the national media is not so good at connecting the dots. You will not get the full story on the aftermath of this verdict. You will not see Brian Williams providing comprehensive coverage of the hundreds (and likely soon to be thousands) of incidents like these directly connected to the Zimmerman verdict.
That doesn’t fit the narrative that has been perpetuated, though thoroughly proven wrong by the trial, and pushed by the major media from day one. And the media CAN’T be wrong…
I have a good friend who is sincerely troubled by the verdict. He is hurting, as a black male, frustrated and feeling like many other black men, that they too, at certain times in their lives, could have been Trayvon. Although I struggle to see this court’s decision from his perspective, I have no doubt my friend is just as appalled as I am by the acts of some in the name of that young man.
I don’t believe these acts are being perpetrated or advocated by a majority in the black community, but they are happening none the less. I hope vocal leaders in that community will come out and denounce the criminal acts taking place and call for the methods of Martin Luther King, of non-violent protest.
The NAACP is meeting in Florida right now. Leaders, you have your opportunity.
How will you handle it?
1. July 14: Witness claims Hispanic man beaten by youths yelling, “This is for Trayvon.”
2. July 16: Jogger in Mississippi claims he was attacked in retaliation for Zimmerman verdict
3. July 16: Pennsylvania business graffitied with ‘Kill Zimmerman,’ set on fire
4. July 16: Wisconsin man claims he was beaten by teens shouting, “This is for Trayvon.”
5. July 15: Anti-Zimmerman protesters block freeway traffic in Los Angeles
6. July 15: Anti-Zimmerman protester raid a Walmart in Los Angeles
7. July 16: CBS reporter assaulted in Crenshaw during anti-Zimmerman protest
8. July 15: Anti-Zimmerman protester block major intersection in Newark, NJ
9. July 16: Thirteen arrested in Crenshaw for vandalizing cars and stores, assault
10. July 16: Waiter struck in head with a hammer
11. July 16: Windows broken at Men’s Wearhouse
12. July 15: Store window spray-painted with word “revolt”
13. July 13: New York Giants star threatens Zimmerman
14. July 14: ‘Wire’ creator David Simon says he’d bring a brick to Zimmerman courthouse
15. July 14: Singer attacked after dedicating song to Trayvon Martin
16. July 13: Teen arrested in Zion, Illinois for threatening violence
17. July 13: Gallery of death threats against George Zimmerman
18. July 15: “Kill Zimmerman” Facebook page removed
19. July 14: Man lights marijuana cigarette off burnt American flag
20. July 15: Dozen arrested in New York protest
21. July 15: New York protesters block traffic
22. July 16: Houston protesters block traffic
Now imagine the media coverage if this were the Tea Party or white Americans reacting to a guilty verdict with similar actions.
Links found at Breitbart.com
- Trayvon Martin shooting: Protests over George Zimmerman verdict set for ‘100 US cities’ (standard.co.uk)
- ‘It Was Gruesome’: Waiter Pummeled in the Face with Hammer-Like Object While Protecting Business During Trayvon Protest (theblaze.com)
- Black preachers calling for wide protests to press for Zimmerman charges – Reuters (reuters.com)
- IGNORED BY LIB MEDIA: Zimmerman Was a Democrat, Voted For Obama, Tutored Black Kids (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)