Over the years I’ve watched you drift into a place which seemingly no politician can avoid. It’s a place where lifelong political animals always end up. You are now firmly a part of the establishment politico of Washington DC.
The (R) by your name is meaningless. Your public actions and words appear to be different from your colleagues on the other side of the aisle, but in reality the difference is virtually indiscernible.
The latest example is your implicit endorsement of the dirty politics seen in Mississippi and other states during the recent primary elections. How dare you? How could you be a part of the slander and support the outright lies told to minority voters about other conservative candidates? Are you so frightened of the “Tea Party” that you would sell your soul to the Democrats this way?
I can’t adequately express the utter disgust I feel after learning of the gang of seven Republican Senators, including you, who supported racially charged attacks against other conservatives.
With a president and Democrat led Senate running America into the ground and down the track to a Social Democracy, you’d think you’d be focused more on their failures than trouncing fellow conservatives who truly want smaller government unlike you and your cronies.
Can Republicans get any more foolish? The Democrats have to be laughing one moment and counting their lucky stars the next. The political atmosphere is ripe for conservatives to take the Senate and keep the House, but if it means pseudo-conservatives like you, McCain, McConnell, et al, steering the ship, NO THANKS!
I was once a strong supporter of yours Senator Hatch. You no longer have my support. In fact I will actively campaign against you and use my journalistic training to spread the word about your metamorphosis into something that is far from conservative. The ruse is over.
We share a faith but I seriously question your adherence to it. Honesty in all our dealings with our fellow-men. Can you honestly say you are. I don’t see how. But then, maybe you’re one of those Mormons who separates his “business life” from his personal life. I’ve run into too many of those in my lifetime. You and Senator Reid are poor examples of the faith you each claim to adhere to. We elected you to be a beacon of truth, even when the truth hurts your position. That’s what integrity is. That’s what you once had, but have forsaken, for the trinkets of power your many years in office have afforded you.
Our constitution now hangs by the very thread Joseph Smith spoke of so long ago. Yet you have done nothing to prevent it. You sit in your comfort zone and just go along to get along. Inaction becomes a form of action Mr. Hatch. You now represent the beltway. You no longer represent the citizens of Utah.
It is because of Republicans like you that I no longer affiliate with the party.
You cannot leave office soon enough.
I was truly shocked when I heard about the dirty politics that took place in the recent primary election in Mississippi. I don’t consider myself politically naive but I guess, in some respects, I am. I may no longer be a registered Republican, but I still look to that party to uphold and advance the conservative principles I hold true and believe must be followed if the Republic is to remain intact and I expect Republicans to maintain a higher standard. I was even more disturbed and disgusted by the negative and racially charged campaign ads Republican candidate Thad Cochran’s super PAC put out against his main opponent Chris McDaniel who has been championed by the Tea Party.
Cochran’s campaign ran ads on radio, TV, and in print which were distributed in heavily African American, Democrat communities encouraging Democrat voters to vote for Cochran and slandering McDaniel in the process. In Mississippi, Democrats and Republicans can cross over and vote in the other party’s primary IF they haven’t voted in their own primary already.
It has become increasingly apparent that without this dirty political move Cochran would have lost the Primary to McDaniel.
Now for the really greasy, grimy, dirt. Republican Senators, one of which represents my state, were implicit in the funding and creation of these slanderous and racial ads. They will certainly claim no part of it, but then lying seems to be second nature for too many in Washington DC.
According to the Americans for Legal Immigration website,
Seven Republican senators have now been linked to the racial attacks against conservative Chris McDaniel in Mississippi.
The financial report for Thad Cochran’s super PAC was released earlier this week and contains two alarming details.
First, it shows that the following seven GOP senators gave a total of $160,000 to Thad Cochran’s super PAC:
1. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) $50,000 (202) 224-2541
2. Bob Corker (R-TN) $30,000 (202) 224-3344
3. Rob Portman (R-OH) $25,000 (202) 224-3353
4. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) $25,000 (202) 224-5251
5. Richard Burr (R-NC) $20,000 (202) 224-3154
6. Roy Blunt (R-MO) $5,000 (202) 224-5721
7. Mike Crapo (R-ID) $5,000 (202) 224-6142
Second, it shows that the PAC then gave a similar amount to a liberal group to run racial attacks against Chris McDaniel. These senators fully funded ads that urged Democrats to “cross over and vote in the republican primary” and claimed that a McDaniel win would be a loss “for race relationships between blacks and whites.” They also helped pay for fliers that said, “The Tea Party Intends to Prevent You From Voting” and suggested McDaniel would roll back civil rights. And perhaps worst of all, they helped pay thousand of dollars to Democratic activists to do so called “canvasing” to turn out votes for Cochran. These seven Republican senators not only supported a 41-year incumbent who regularly votes with the Democrats, but they also funded a shadowy group to get Democrats to hijack the election.
How can these Republicans expect conservative voters to support them when they do such treacherous things to people in their own party?
Senator Orrin Hatch (R) Utah, is one of my senators. There was a time when I supported him and I admit I voted him back into office each time he has run with the exception of his last campaign when I realized he no longer exhibited the conservative principles or backbone I expected from the man I had voted for so many times before.
Some will say, “get over it, that’s politics.” I guess you could say the same to Caesar about the Ides of March, but it wouldn’t make the sting of being stabbed in the back any less painful.
The Tea Party narrative in America has been drafted, perfected, and advanced by the Political Left and its cronies through the mainstream media.
It is a false narrative.
It’s time for all people who believe in limited government as determined by the constitution of the United States of America, the separation of powers, and individual liberty and self-determination, to correct the narrative and help all of America’s citizens understand the truth about this movement. It’s time to tell the president, the congress, Wall Street, and Corporate America their gig is up. We will not tolerate the game being played to the detriment of all working Americans who just want to provide the best life they can for their families and those they love.
The Tea Party is not a movement full extremists doing damage to this country. Any objective person, using common sense, can quickly see where the power lies and who is truly damaging every American’s ability to determine his or her own future and how they live their lives.
It’s time to stop listening to a so-called free press that is no longer an objective observer or watch dog. The major media voices are bought and sold. Time to stop being told what to believe. Time to stop assuming the media is acting as another check and balance on our government or has your best interests at heart. Start doing your own homework. Take down the shields and barriers and give the other side a fair hearing.
Study the founding documents of this nation and weigh your findings against the standards set in those time-tested principles.
Then decide where you stand.
The Tea Party has become to dumping ground for any societal ill by the Left. The Left points the finger and the lapdog media spreads the word. It doesn’t have to be vetted for accuracy or context as long as the Tea Party is the target.
Now chew on this for bit.
This is a timeline of events from 2009 to present of violent acts initially blamed on the Tea Party only to be revealed the individuals perpetrating these acts of violence were coming from the very group who is consistently extending the pointed finger.
- Sept 2009: census-taker Bill Sparkman found hanged in rural Kentucky. Media speculated it was Tea Party. (He killed himself.)
- Feb 2010: Joe Stack flies small plane into an IRS building. Anti-tax Tea Party rhetoric blamed. (He had writings where he quoted from the Communist Manifesto.)
- Feb 2010: Amy Bishop shoots colleagues at University of Alabama faculty meeting. Gun-loving Tea Party suspected. (She was a Democrat who voted for President Obama.)
- March 2010: John Patrick Bedell shot two Pentagon security. A right-wing extremist, media speculate. (A registered Democrat and 9/11 Truther.)
- May 2010: massive Times Square car bomb found. Bloomberg speculates it’s someone upset about the ACA. (Actually, plain vanilla jihadist killing for Allah.)
- August 2010: Amid GZM debate, Muslim cabbie stabbed in NYC. Media speculates: a RWNJ? (Actually, a Left leaning art student off his meds.)
- Sept 2010: James Lee takes hostages at Discovery Chan HQ. Media speculates: climate change denier? (A hard left environmentalist who hates humans.)
- Jan 2011: Jared Lee Loughner shoots up campaign event of Rep. Giffords. Media: Tea Party rhetoric is to blame. (An apolitical conspiracy theorist.)
- July 2012: James Holmes shoots up theater in Aurora, CO. Brian Ross suggests he’s a Tea Party member on live TV even pointing out a different James Holmes by name simply because he affiliated with the Tea Party. (Just another unmedicated apolitical kook.)
- April 2013: Tsarnaev brothers bomb Boston Marathon. Media suggests RWNJ commemorating “Patriot’s Day.” (Actually, just more jihadists.)
- Oct. 2013: Media retroactively blames right wing for JFK assassination. (Lee Harvey Oswald was a communist defector.)
- Dec 2013: student shoots up CO high school w/ shotgun. Denver Post scrubs his self-described “socialist” beliefs.
The pattern is very clear and all too common. We’re on to you, Liberal Media.
I’d like to see a similar list, with verifiable press clippings, showing actual events like these perpetuated by Tea Party members.
I’d be surprised if such a list can be compiled.
- McConnell lashes out: Tea Party groups ‘ruining’ GOP (kstreet607.com)
- Not Right: Gabriel Malor looks at ideologies behind high-profile violent acts (twitchy.com)
- Why Tea Party? (liberteanow.wordpress.com)
- Brokaw: Tea Party Has ‘Every Right’ to Stay True to Message (breitbart.com)
James K. Flanagan passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack on September 3, 2012. But he left behind the wisdom he gleaned from the 72 years of his life in a letter to his five grandchildren.
It is wisdom that will benefit us all if we will but take heed.
My wise and thoughtful daughter Rachel urged me to write down some advice for you, the important things that I have learned about life. I am beginning this on 8 April 2012, the eve of my 72nd birthday.
1. Each one of you is a wonderful gift of God both to your family and to all the world. Remember it always, especially when the cold winds of doubt and discouragement fall upon your life.
2. Be not afraid . . . of anyone or of anything when it comes to living your life most fully. Pursue your hopes and your dreams no matter how difficult or “different” they may seem to others. Far too many people don’t do what they want or should do because of what they imagine others may think or say. Remember, if they don’t bring you chicken soup when you’re sick or stand by you when you’re in trouble, they don’t matter. Avoid those sour-souled pessimists who listen to your dreams then say, “Yeah, but what if . . .” The heck with “what if. . .” Do it! The worst thing in life is to look back and say: “I would have; I could have; I should have.” Take risks, make mistakes.
3. Everyone in the world is just an ordinary person. Some people may wear fancy hats or have big titles or (temporarily) have power and want you to think they are above the rest. Don’t believe them. They have the same doubts, fears, and hopes; they eat, drink, sleep, and fart like everyone else. Question authority always but be wise and careful about the way you do it.
4. Make a Life List of all those things you want to do: travel to places; learn a skill; master a language; meet someone special. Make it long and do some things from it every year. Don’t say “I’ll do it tomorrow” (or next month or next year). That is the surest way to fail to do something. There is no tomorrow, and there is no “right” time to begin something except now.
5. Practice the Irish proverb: Moi an olge agus tiocfaidh si “Praise the child and she will flourish.”
6. Be kind and go out of your way to help people — especially the weak, the fearful, and children. Everyone is carrying a special sorrow, and they need our compassion.
7. Don’t join the military or any organization that trains you to kill. War is evil. All wars are started by old men who force or fool young men to hate and to kill each other. The old men survive, and, just as they started the war with pen and paper, they end it the same way. So many good and innocent people die. If wars are so good and noble, why aren’t those leaders who start wars right up there fighting?
8. Read books, as many as you can. They are a wonderful source of delight, wisdom, and inspiration. They need no batteries or connections, and they can go anywhere.
9. Be truthful.
10. Travel: always but especially when you are young. Don’t wait until you have “enough” money or until everything is “just right.” That never happens. Get your passport today.
11. Pick your job or profession because you love to do it. Sure, there will be some things hard about it, but a job must be a joy. Beware of taking a job for money alone — it will cripple your soul.
12. Don’t yell. It never works, and it hurts both yourself and others. Every time I have yelled, I have failed.
13. Always keep promises to children. Don’t say “we’ll see” when you mean “no.” Children expect the truth; give it to them with love and kindness.
14. Never tell anyone you love them when you don’t.
15. Live in harmony with Nature: go into the outdoors, woods, mountains, sea, desert. It’s important for your soul.
16. Visit Ireland. It’s where the soul of our family was born — especially the West: Roscommon, Clare, and Kerry.
17. Hug people you love. Tell them how much they mean to you now; don’t wait until it’s too late.
18. Be grateful. There is an Irish saying: “This is a day in our lives, and it will not come again.” Live every day with this in mind.
As was written in his obituary, James K. Flanagan “was proudly liberal and fought unyieldingly for the underdog. He was an accomplished author, poet, and seanchai — Irish storyteller; he reveled in recounting the joy of growing up Catholic in Jersey City and his adventures in the Adirondack Mountains and on the Western coast of Ireland. His greatest love was spending time with his family, most of all his five grandchildren” Ryan (11); Conor (10); Brendan (9); Charles (8); and Mary Catherine (5).”
*Previously published in the San Francisco Globe.
President Barack Obama and the Democratic Senate are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many more Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Legislation is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.
“Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society,” said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. “We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing.”
In a Capitol Hill press conference, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons with No Ability (63 percent).
Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance. Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.
Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, “Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?” “As a non-abled person, I can’t be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them,” said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Mich., due to her inability to remember righty tighty, lefty loosey. “This new law should be real good for people like me. I’ll finally have job security.” With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Said Sen. Dick Durbin, “As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so.”
This message was approved by Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Obama.
*A similar article appeared in TheOnion.com in 1998 but appears to be even more relevant today than it was back then.
Letters from the AARP with membership cards. Letters offering you deals, freebies, and an appeal for your dollars.
Personally I don’t care for organizations that say they’re one thing and turn out to be something completely different. AARP happens to be one of those in my opinion.
They have devolved into a PAC for the left and Democrats and for years have been cleverly disguised as a non-profit 501(c)(4).
With that in mind I penned the following request to be removed from their mailing lists and not be bothered again.
Before you decide to join AARP, please do some research and study of their leadership, their political meddling, and the fact that they really aren’t a non-profit and they’ve been lying to seniors for years. Click the image Behind The Veil: The AARP America Doesn’t Know and you can see the full report.
To Whom It May Concern:
Please stop sending me mail and immediately take me off of your mailing lists.
I have no desire to become a member of AARP. Your organization does not reflect the moral, social, or political values I subscribe to.
When an organization’s primary mission is to sell a product (in this case health care insurance) and spends tons of money on lobbying and political contributions, it should not be eligible for tax-exempt status. AARP has violated its 501(c)(4) status because it makes its money primarily from insurance industry royalties, with membership dues accounting for a mere 17%.
I have no desire for my money to go to Democratic causes, which I oppose. While AARP itself does not give money to political candidates your employees do and overwhelmingly to Democrats.
The only reason AARP has continued to masquerade as a non-profit is due to political favors from friends on the left. If conservatives gain control of the House, Senate, and White House, I expect that front to be taken away as it should be.
Lastly, the fraud perpetrated on your current members through Obamacare is disturbing and disgusting. You backed Obamacare simply because it put billions of dollars in your pockets as you benefit from the law’s changes to Medicare Advantage which will force many seniors right into your Medigap supplemental coverage.
You’re not an advocate for seniors; you’re an insurance company disguised as a non-profit. Wolf in sheep’s clothing would be another appropriate term.
By the way, why does AARP feel the need to meddle in energy policy in numerous states? Why have you bought into the scam known as man-made global warming?
How much is in it for you this time?
Good-bye and good riddance.
- Conservatives Flee Marxist-Controlled Radicals at AARP (directorblue.blogspot.com)
- What do you do with AARP junk mail? 8 ways to send an unforgettable message [pics] (twitchy.com)
- As ObamaCare Continues, Many Seniors See AARP As Mouthpiece For Liberal Policies (downtrend.com)
- Behind the Veil, The AARP America Doesn’t Know